Preparing for Yom Kippur
因为恶人以心愿自夸。贪财的背弃 Yahweh，并且轻慢祂 (或作他祝福贪财的，却轻慢 Yahweh)。
一生愛祢 With All My Love
主我献上生命给祢 I Offer My Life
1️⃣ 第十诫的诫命指着我们的 “态度”，是内在的，是人们不容易知道的。神赋予人们欲望: 有
1. 美好的万物:《创1:31》 “神看着一切所造的都甚好。”
2. 可羡的真理:《诗19:10》 "都比金子可羡慕，且比极多的精金可羡慕; 比蜜甘甜，且比蜂房下滴的蜜甘甜。”
3. 各样的恩赐: 《林前14:1》 “你们要追求爱，也要切慕属灵的恩赐。”
3️⃣ “贪“ 的表现
1. 过分的欲求: 我们必须敏锐的检验自己的欲求，知道自己的欲求是否过分。在旧约中神藉着先知责备百姓的 “贪婪”。新约《雅4:1-3》如此劝勉: “你们中间的争战斗殴是从哪里来的呢？不是从你们百体中战斗之私欲来的吗？你们贪恋，还是得不着; 你们杀害嫉妒，又斗殴争战，也不能得。你们得不着，是因为你们不求。你们求也得不着，是因为你们妄求，要浪费在你们的宴乐中。”
2. 不法的欲求：所谓 “禁” 果，就是它虽然美好，但是它有个清楚的标示: "不可"。实例: 伊甸园中的亚当夏娃，不以神所设的 “禁止” 为好。《书 7》所记亚干所作的事也是如此。
3. 取利的欲求: 以自己的欲求为动机，从他人身上寻找机会。(结 22:12; 彼后 2:3)
4. 惟财的欲求: 生活的意识型态单以自我得到更多的事物为目的! (提前 6:9-10)
4️⃣ “贪” 带给人的影响
1. 不诚实: 大卫贪恋乌利亚的妻子拔示巴时所表现的不诚实 (撒下 11:6-13)。
2. 不正义: 亚哈王与王后耶洗别贪恋拿伯的葡萄园所作的不正义 (王上 21)。
3. 不随主: 少年财主的事件，请留意耶稣的问话中，没有提到前四诫以及第十诫 (太 19:16-30)
(约一 1:9) 我感谢祢，因祢必赦免我一切的罪和不义，使我在祢面前成为圣洁。
Day 10 (2020.9.27-28)
You Shall Not Covet
You shall not covet your neighbour's house; you shall not covet your neighbour's wife, or his male servant, or his female servant, or his ox, or his donkey, or anything that is your neighbour's
For the wicked boasts of the desires of his soul, and the one greedy for gain curses and renounces the Lord.
Whoever is greedy for unjust gain troubles his own household, but he who hates bribes will live.
Love not sleep, lest you come to poverty; open your eyes, and you will have plenty of bread.
Do not desire his delicacies, for they are deceptive food.
for the drunkard and the glutton will come to poverty, and slumber will clothe them with rags.
A greedy man stirs up strife, but the one who trusts in the Lord will be enriched.
And He said to them, “Take care, and be on your guard against all covetousness, for one's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.
1 Timothy 6:10
For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.
With All My Love
I Offer My Life
💡 Today's Reflection
1️⃣ The 10th Commandment refers to our "attitude", which is internal and not easy for people to know. God gives people desire
1. The desire to acquire
2. The desire to achieve
3. The desire to produce
There is nothing wrong with desires themselves, but these desires need to be guided in truth.
2️⃣ God rewards people things:
1. All beautiful things: Genesis 1:31 "And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good."
2. The enviable truth: Psalm 19:10 "More to be desired are they than gold, even much fine gold; sweeter also than honey and drippings of the honeycomb."
3. Various gifts: 1 Corinthians 14:1 "Pursue love, and earnestly desire the spiritual gifts"
3️⃣ The performance of "greed"
1. Excessive desire: We must keenly test our desires and know whether our desires are excessive. In the Old Testament, God used the prophets to reprove the people for "greed". The New Testament James 4:1-3 exhorts like this: "What causes quarrels and what causes fights among you? Is it not this, that your passions are at war within you? You desire and do not have, so you murder. You covet and cannot obtain, so you fight and quarrel. You do not have, because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions.
2. Illegal desire: The so-called "forbidden" fruit means that although it is beautiful, it has a clear mark: "No". Example: Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden did not regard the “prohibition” set by God as good. The same is true of what Achan did in Joshua 7.
3. Desire for profit: Use own desires as motivation to find opportunities from others. (Ezek 22:12; 2 Peter 2:3)
4. The desire for wealth alone: The ideology of life only aims at getting more things from oneself! (1 Timothy 6:9-10)
4️⃣ The impact of "greed" on people
1. Dishonesty: The dishonesty that David showed when he was greedy for Uriah's wife Bathsheba (2 Samuel 11:6-13).
2. Injustice: the injustice of King Ahab and Queen Jezebel coveted over Naboth's vineyard (1 Kings 21).
3. Not following the Lord: The incident of the young rich man, please note that the first 4 Commandments and the 10th Commandment were not mentioned in the question of Jesus (Matthew 19:16-30)
Father, by the precious blood of the Lord Jesus on the cross, please wash away and forgive all my sins.
Father God, please enlighten me, and I will confess my sin before You.
Please forgive my heart for being cold to You, not loving You but loving many things on earth. Father, please forgive me for being attracted to the fame and wealth of the world.
Please forgive me for being overwhelmed by filthy passions, greed, jealousy, selfishness, and pride in my mind.
Please forgive me for being irritable to my family, judging people, lying, being hypocritical to others.
Please forgive me for wasting a lot of time on my personal entertainment, but I have no intention of pursuing the Word of God.
Please remember your faithful promise: "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9) I thank You, because You will forgive all my sins and injustices, and make me holy before You.
Father God, please fill me with the Holy Spirit so that I can regain my strength and build a godly life, so that everything I say and do can glorify God.
Father God, I praise You, You have made Christ my holiness and righteousness, I love You. In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ I pray, ameyn!